Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I love Thai Food!

My dad and I went to a little Thai restaurant in Escondido the other night.  It's called Padthai Restaurant (original, I know) and is located in Central Escondido.

The place is small, but well decorated and has a great ambiance (big fish tank and all). It received good reviews and is reasonably priced. However, the service is not the greatest.  What I mean is that they take your order, leave you for a long time, bring out your food, leave you for a long time, and then come with a check.  Which is fine for me, especially if I am not in a hurry or if I am talking with someone else.

It is located right next door to an Asian market, which is always fun to go into. Love looking at all the different foods. I also like looking through their spices to see what is customary in other cultures. And the globby, gelatinous fish products are always neat to see.

The food was great!  My dad got Three Kings, which is beef, chicken and pork with vegetables in a spicy soy based sauce.  The rice comes out of molds, so that they are shaped into flowers, hearts, or leaves. My dad got a rice flower.

I got Duck Curry, which is duck, pineapple, and vegetables in a red curry and coconut milk sauce. And a heart shaped rice. It was delicious!!!! I got mine at a 4 and it was exactly the right spiciness.
 
 
 
So if you are looking for good Thai food in my area, this is the place to go. Otherwise, Spices Thai Café in Rancho Bernardo is my favorite Thai restaurant.  

No comments:

Post a Comment