Thursday, April 4, 2013

Eat Pray Love



Well, I decided to start this blog because everyone is always asking me about my food pictures. I never used to like to cook, in fact, I hated cooking a few years ago. Growing up, my mom stuck to the basics because I am sure we whined a lot about trying new foods. So Hamburger Helper and Mac n Cheese were our friends. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I love Mac n Cheese to this day.
After moving out of the house, I ruined Rice a Roni, twice. So I decided that cooking was not for me. Besides, at the time, I had my own private chef who was great, inventive, and loved to cook. I gradually tried again, and discovered I could make awesome tuna salad and that I inherited my dad's ability to make great omelets.

I actually love to eat. I love eating out. I love trying new foods. I love trying new restaurants. I love eating at local places whenever I travel. In fact, I ate my way through my New York trip. Well, who hasn't done that. It was on my trip to PEI all by myself that I really began to discover  that I enjoyed new things. (For those of you who don't know PEI, read Anne of Green Gables.)

Learn a book, Seth!

I won't be posting regularly by any means. I am a grad student so it isn't like I can cook every day. So just get over it!  :)

And sorry if you don't get my literary, movie, TV, or random SNL references that I might scatter about. Plus, I will probably scatter random nature photos. I mean, why not?

I will be king. Stick with me and you'll never go hungry again!

1 comment: